dburchfield@bluevalleyk12

miniature weeping willow tree

I purchased what I was told was a miniature weeping willow tree at a farmer's market. I am trying to find information on proper planting, care, and how big I can expect the tree to get. Thanks

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

I am not familiar with any dwarf form of weeping willow although I do know some weeping pussy willows (This is why we use latin in the trade; sure it's harder to learn but it's a lot clearer than common names when you are trying to determine just what plant we're talking about...

Until you determine the genus and species I couldn't hazard a guess...

Scott

denise

I also have a little weeping willow, and iam not sure how big its ment to get, its got no leaves on it now and ive had it a year now can anybody help because I do love the willows :P

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Are these weeping pussywillows? I am familiar with those, but don't know of any Salix species that are both weeping and miniature (S. caprea and S. discolor both have weeping forms which are often grafted to make a miniature tree)

Scott

RoseNut
Newly Registered

I just bought one that is abt 18" tall & the shop lady told me it will stay that way. She also told me it can be kept indoor - can someone confirm that? I live in an apartment, no "outdoor" for me.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”