applestar
Mod

Re: TOMATOES IN ALL COLORS OF THE RAINBOW

Antho Fruits:
image.jpg

applestar
Mod

I think Vernissage Yellow is misnamed -- When ripe, it has yellow striped clear epi, and look at this one on the left with clear flesh :-() ...the one on the right had white flesh... 8)
image.jpg

applestar
Mod

...actually Vernissage Yellow looks VERY and truly yellow. But technically and by definition, the clear epi yellow fleshed tomatoes are the ones that are usually called "white".

Many tomatoes named "yellow" actually turn orange color (like color of an orange) when mature. Sometimes people try to call the color "gold" but they are yellow-orange at least.

...so confusing...

applestar
Mod

This one is called Ludmilla's Yellow Giant, but it ripens to ORANGE (not just yellow-orange but orange) and interior flesh could only be called orange (yellow orange) as well:
image.jpg
image.jpg (31.58 KiB) Viewed 2539 times
...full round shape, unfortunately late to start producing fruits/mature and was stingy (only got two fruits -- but it WAS IN MORNING SHADE) and thick skinned to boot. But very good sweet front end, intense middle and lingering acid flavor with thick walls that may be good for stuffing after scalding and skinning.

About 6-7 oz -- so billiard ball or small orange size? Maybe baseball size with good feeding.

I think I'll try growing this again next year and put it on the first string early seed stating list and plant in full sun. (I should do that with ALL late maturing varieties.)

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”