gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Tom's are dropped, pray for good germination

I dropped 48 variety's yesterday. I even did it outside with a light breeze and a beautiful day. Gotta love this weather lately. I say pray for good germination because quite a few have be reduced to 0 left. if they don't pop I'm out of luck, and will be upset.

Mostly what I dropped are big ones and normal size tomatoes. Most of the Cherry's and Dwarfs will go in as soon as they move out. I only have 2 heating mats. I am using strictly Dr Earth seed starting soil. When I pot them up I will use a secret mix of many things. ;) It's only a secret because the final mix could be whatever is on hand at the time but mainly a Dr Earth, Pro Mix BX blend.

I want to thank all of those I have traded with this year, it has been a pleasure. You will hear about my success and or failure. There will be none of the latter though.

Couldn't do this without pics so here you go.
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/DSC05610.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/DSC05611.jpg[/img]

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I should add I also planted 3 variety's outside in the ground. Darth Mater F4, Rebel Yell and Big Cheef F7. These also are in my starter group inside. I put small pots over them with something to hold them down. We are expecting a lot of rain here soon. I am doing this to see if hopefully they will germinate. If so I want to see how direct seeded plants do against transplanted plants dropped on the same day.

I am hoping for the best. While out there I saw quite a few volunteer tomatoes popping their heads already. ;D

Here is to a great season for everyone.

Much love,

Dono

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Well, Sir - sounds like you are off to a real start! Good luck, lotsa tomatoes to grow, wishing you and everyone here trouble free summer!!!

Regards,
D

P.S. Tomorrow, starting the "cross hemisphere" dwarfs for the rear deck, and in a week or so, your varieties :wink:

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”