Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Does anyone have Tomato Blight yet?

Last year I bought a 15 lb container of Copper Sulfate because it was the only thing avaliable at a reasonable price.

I found a place online that says 1 tablespoon of copper sulfate plus 2 tablespoons of white lime for every gallon of water is what they recomment for blight. Spray plants twice a week.

I started spraying my plants a little bit late last summer but I managed to save about 15 of my 30 plants.

I got an early start this year since blight stays in the soil for 5 to 6 years I figure we all will need to deal with blight about 4 more years. I have been spraying my plants 2 times every week. So far so good, no blight.

I got to looking at my supply of copper sulfate and lime I have enough to last me over 200 years. Maybe some folks here would like to take some of this off my hands for a very reasonable price. If interested send me a PM.

TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

Early blight and septoria are ever present here, but rarely cause serious damage. Usually I can prune off infected bottom leaves, and maybe have to spray once or twice because we usually have dry spells between rains in the summer. I had a bit on my seedlings that were hardening off this year due to rainy weather.

I spray more in recent years because of the bad Late Blight a couple of years ago.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”