kylie77

WOW! Lovely BIG tomato plants!

I went to costco yesterday and found some lovely big tomato plants for $10! They're about 2 feet tall, and already have flowers on them. Should be eating garden tomatoes much earlier than I would've been now! Can't wait!

tedln
Super Green Thumb

Any idea what kind of tomato you got? Let us know how they do and how the tomatoes taste. You will probably be eating yours before most of us will. Don't be surprised or upset if your plants drop a lot of the blooms it has set. Are you going to grow them in the pot they came in or garden plant them?

Ted

kylie77

Yes, we got a window box Roma, and some sort of cherry tomato. I would have to double check what type though. I have my own tomato plants I've grown from seed as well. Due to having a baby at the end of Jan, I was slower getting my seeds started than I had planned. I started them at the beginning of March. Our growing season isn't very long (last frost may 1st, first frost oct 1st), so getting a jump on things is very exciting! I'm not too too worried about them being the best tomatoes ever since I know the ones I started from seed will be coming later on!

I'm not worried about them dropping their blooms. They'll still have fruit faster than mine will I would assume! I plan to replant them both. I haven't decided yet if they'll be in containers or in the ground. I think I'm leaning towards containers. The pots they came in were only 3 gal, so I figured wouldn't be big enough.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”