Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Ted,

I obviously can't spell worth of junk - eyes playing tricks on me, next time I think I just copy the name from my spreadsheet :lol:

Very appealing fruit, isn't it? Seems like so many great qualities are working for it, so I'm very hopeful to have at least one to sprout. Heck, I'll even make a special place for it in the garden with more than enough nutrient rich soil!

If I succeed, by all means, you are welcome to have the seeds for next year garden. If these last ones germinate, I may as well start believing in the moon phases too!

Now - can I borrow someone's goat please???

Regards,
D

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Vjerino Paradajiz Sjeme is alive!!!

Treated with bleach, washed thoroughly, set in the unfiltered well water for 15min, then planted into a jiffy pellets and into that little mini green house (12 pellet size) - planted on 04/2910...

Yesterday - one germinated!!!

[img]https://drphotography.smugmug.com/Garden/2010-Garden/2010VjerinoParadajizSjeme0503/857194373_3z672-L.jpg[/img]

And now under the grow light (joined AAA Sweet Solano and Coeur de Boeuf Blanc)

[img]https://drphotography.smugmug.com/Garden/2010-Garden/2010VjerinoParadajizSjeme0504/857194375_cSnvt-L.jpg[/img]

Going to baby this one, it has to live!!! And with God's will, there will be seeds to share next year!!!

So after multiple trials with different, and proven to be difficult seeds to germinate (for what ever reason) - I strongly believe, that USDA bleaching method indeed aids in germination (rate and time).

Regards,
D

tedln
Super Green Thumb

Duh_Vinci,

Congratulations, When can I expect the cigar for the new arrival?

I totally believe in the bleach pre-treatment. I got five out of six of the Sweet Carneros Pink to germinate and they are doing great. They already have their first true leaves even though they are still small. The variety still seems a little fragile to me. I feel if I do one thing wrong, they will die on me. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Ted

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

LOL I sent that cigar back with the goat that I borrowed, hasn't arrived yet?

Good to hear that you got the Carneros going, sounds promising, would definitely try it next year with few more varieties from Brad.

I have another little surprise - 2nd seed from Vjerino Paradajiz Sjeme came up this morning, that is 2 out of 3. It's not as strong looking as the first one, but still, a pleasant surprise. I have 6 spaces reserved for more tomatoes, so Coeur de Boeuf Blanc, Vjerino Paradajiz Sjeme, AAA Sweet Solano will take up 3 spaces in about a month, then will plant seeds for 3 more varieties to keep the season going with fresh plants...

Regards,
D

tedln
Super Green Thumb

Yep, Me to. I up potted the Sweet Carnero Pink plants yesterday. I didn't intend to. I planned on going from germination containers to planting in the soil. Unfortunately, they were growing to fast and became very leggy. I didn't have enough room in the containers to add soil around the stems to prevent damping off. 36 hours later, they are doing great and I plan on putting them in the ground next week.

I will start germinating some Black From Tula Dono gave me and some JD's Special C Tex I got from another garderner, next week. I will use the bleach pre-treatment on both. I only got five of the Special C seeds and don't want to waste them. I may germinate Cherokee Purple and Black Krim later, but if I decide I simply don't have room for them, they may have to wait for next year. Good Luck. I will look at the front gate for that goat and check the mailbox again for the cigar.

Ted

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”