Kan
Newly Registered

blossom rot

okay so I have the upside down hangers with two plants in each. I'm also growning in a big pot (2 plants) everyone of my tomatoes have to rot. is it too late to save any of the plants...I just want the rot to stop! :x

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

There's a pretty thorough discussion on Blossom End Rot (BER) at the top of the Tomato Forum. It's Sticky #3. ("Sticky" because it will always "stick" to the top of the forum message index.)

Good luck!

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

Kan
Newly Registered

thanks Cynthia H, I didn't go down far enough before I posted this. I'm having a hard time getting around the site. :P

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

What kind of navigation problems are you experiencing?

For instance, when you go to the home page for the gardening forum, there ought to be a list of major forums (e.g., Organic Gardening) with sub-forums underneath, in a slightly smaller font (e.g., Compost, Organic Methods of Disease & Pest Control, etc.).

If you click on the "big" name, it will take you to a page where you can select sub-forums. If you click on a "smaller" name, it will take you to page 1 of the messages which have been posted there, the most recent first. Some older and/or more active forums have 25 or more pages and should probably be reserved for a long winter's night, or at least a slow day...

Once I got my bearings last spring, soon after joining, I began to log in and then select "View posts since last visit" (upper right-hand corner, above the forum listings, in small grey type). That way, I don't have to constantly remember "Which forum have I read today?" because the software already *knows* :wink: when I last logged off and will show me the messages I've missed.

Does that help?

In the instance of the Blossom End Rot sticky, you would go to the "Growing Tomatoes Forum" message index page. The three Stickies are right there at the top of page 1. After them are the individual threads, the most recent first, and this very thread will be among them, at least for today.

Let me know if any of this helps; I know I'm wordy sometimes, but maybe taking it a paragraph at a time will help...

Cynthia

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”