lance

house plant exchange

Hi folks,
I'm new around here, so I don't know if this has been talked about or not. I am wondering about a house plant exchange.
Bare rooted cuttings or leaves from plants like mother in laws tongue are cheap to send in the mail.just throwing that out there.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

It's easy to spread around bugs and diseases that way. I know mail order nurseries send plants, but they are professionals and know how to spot problems ... and still diseases have been spread from mail order nurseries.

lance

How optimistic of you :)
I would think that people wouldn't knowingly send a diseased or pest ridden plant. I would also think that people would also inspect the cuttings they received before putting them near their own plants.
I also think that if people don't have enough experience to keep their plants healthy, they probably wouldn't adventurous enough to try rooting them.
This might just be me being naive, but that's what I think.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Sorry, but if the professionals can do it, so can we... it's a lot easier than you think, many diseases and insects in early stages are microscopic.

lance

I completely agree with you.Spreading plant scourge is easier than anyone thinks. I foolishly assume that people know better. haha
Here is a picture of my 2nd batch of cuttings from the parent...Spider,geranium,Arrowhead vine,crown of thorns.
https://oddcrap.blogspot.com/2012/03/cuttings_10.html
They are all healthy, and I would expect the same from others.
So I guess you're not interested in the plant trade ? :) kidding....
Lance[/url]

Return to “Seed Exchange - Share & Trade Seeds”