bluehawk133
Newly Registered

looking for giant tomato seeds

have rare woods mt.crazy bush beans and other hierloom bean seeds for trade ricky Send me a PM.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Annies heirloom seeds has a nice variety of runner beans that I will order. Thanks!

3 Pound Tomato
Cool Member

Did you have any luck with the beefsteak I sent you last year?

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

I generally give my largest tomatoes to a friend who is infatuated with the large fruits. While I still grow some larger fruited varieties such as Whopper, Delicious, German Johnson, Better Boy, etc., for some time we have come to favor the medium 8 ounce to 12 ounce tomatoes. We currently like the blacks the best. Some of our favorite varieties are Black Krim, Carbon, Cherokee Chocolate, Black from Tula,

gardenboy
Cool Member

I agree, here in south FL the black varieties rule. Due to our climate, we grow our tomatoes in winter. I start my seeds end of August and transplant into 15 gallon containers in September. I have tomatoes until April or May depending on nighttime temperatures. Chocolate Stripe is awesome! It's also very pretty color stripes and delicious. What potting mix do u use? I use mostly peat moss mixed with rabbit manure and bone meal. I put a little epsom salt and worm casting inside the hole when I transplant the tomato. I wait 2 weeks then fertilize with Tomato-Tone every 2 weeks. I have used fish emulsion also and worm casting tea. Check out my tomato seed listing if u want to swap some seeds.

lil
Newly Registered

I have some large yellow can not really tell you what they are called. My sister has been growing and collecting these about 5 years. Starting my first ones this year myself.

Return to “Seed Exchange - Share & Trade Seeds”