mikbik

help on landscape on this house (sketch)

help on how to start the landscape and where to position plants I would like plants that can be a shade.

Grey
Greener Thumb

Hello Mikbik, welcome to the forum!

In order for anyone to help you, we need to know a lot more about you, your yard, and your location!

Where are you located, do you know your hardiness zone?

What kind of gardener are you? Do you like to piddle around the garden or do you expect it to just stay as you like it with very little maintenance?

What kind of sun do you get? You said shade, but is it full shade, dappled shade, morning sun with all afternoon shade? The amount of light makes a difference.

mikbik

hi sir, I'm from the philippines.

and the house is a a few kms. seaside so it kinda sandy and sunny as well since I am a tropical country.

my problem is how to start it, I'm planning to latter put a small gazebo on the frontage on the house a want a bit of shade coz sunlight direct it from 10am-3pm

Grey
Greener Thumb

I couldn't find a hardiness map for you, so I looked up your average temperatures and will move on from there! (Anybody know where I can find a hardiness map? I searched all over Google for one with no luck!)

Anyway, I'll get some plant combinations together for you and reply soon.

Jess
Greener Thumb

https://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/index.php/HardinessZoneMaps

Is this one any good? It doesn't show the Philipines but I think it is the next country under Taiwan off the coast of China.

Grey
Greener Thumb

Thanks Jess! Based on that, and the weather... I'm thinking zone 9/10.

Soon as I get back from the weekend trip to Asheville I'll put in a bunch of plant combos. I have some in mind (some of my faves that I am sure the other mods will roll their eyes at because... I talk about those plants so much!)

Return to “Landscaping”