applestar
Mod

Oh DUH ! -- face-palm moment

THIS is what happens when you
1) didn't make sure there were no holes in the bag you used to bag tent caterpillars
2) didn't make sure the bag was tightly closed
3) didn't throw the bag down on the ground and THOROUGHLY stomp on it before putting it in the trash bin

:roll:
image.jpeg

KeyWee

Oh ICK is more like it. I always cut off the branch and then burn it. No creepers later.

applestar
Mod

I went outside to turn on the water sprinkler -- still hot out there -- then came in and was pouring myself some lemon water -- you know, water, ice cubes, a wedge of lemon to squeeze in... When the toaster oven beeped and some left over french fries I was re-heating was ready. Got the organic ketchup out of the fridge and ....spaced out thinking about something.... I found myself squeezing ketchup over the ice cubes :shock:

...oh heck! Might as well go with it :-() Added dribble of worstershire sauce and a glug of my own spicy bread and butter pickle juice, stir well, and voilà! A refreshing drink somewhat reminiscent of diluted :> Virgin Mary :()

...it actually tastes good :wink:

applestar
Mod

Wah! I just broke one of my favorite bowls out of an artisanal set. I was handwashing 3 of them and worrying about a chip in one of them when my hand slipped soaping up one of my 2nd favorite set of bowls and it hit the stacked 3 bowls waiting to be rinsed. The 2nd favorite is a made in China Crate and Barrel and not of significant consequence even if I do like it and use it all the time for cereal and soup. It was undamaged, of course, and the one of my favorites that lost about 1/3 of it in a big chunk was NOT the one that was already chipped. :cry:

I should have left the C&B bowl in the sink to be put in the dishwasher later :?

imafan26
Mod

Some days it you just wish you had a do over.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”