IzziG
Newly Registered

Japanese Holly losing leaves after moving house

Hi,

I've had my Japanese Holly for almost a year now and it's always been really healthy until last week I moved house and over the past two days has just started shedding all it's leaves! :(

It used to live on a window sill during the day and then I'd move it onto a table in the room at night so it didn't get cold, mist it in the morning, top up the humidity tray with water, feed it on a Monday between March and November and water it again mid-week when it started to get a bit dry. Nothing has really changed except that it's maybe slightly warmer in it's new home but it has started dropping leaves rapidly, some of them seem dry and have brown blotches extending from the tip but some of seem perfectly healthy, yet they fall of with the slightest touch.

I'm wondering whether I'm doing something wrong or the tree just didn't like being moved or is it diseased???

Izzi
Bonsai Tree Leaves.JPG
Bonsai Tree 4.JPG
Attachments
Bonsai Tree 3.JPG
Bonsai Tree 2.JPG
Bonsai tree 1.JPG

pow wow

Most plants have to adjust to their new homes and they drop leaves. I had a lemon tree that I would bring inside for the winter. Dropped leaves like crazy and on occasion would freak me out late at night, I would be watching something on TV and a leaf would drop.

pow wow

Those leaves look like the leaves my gardenia drops when I bring it inside for the winter.

IzziG
Newly Registered

pow wow wrote:Most plants have to adjust to their new homes and they drop leaves. I had a lemon tree that I would bring inside for the winter. Dropped leaves like crazy and on occasion would freak me out late at night, I would be watching something on TV and a leaf would drop.
That definitely makes me feel a bit better, thank you!

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”