dvillemiller
Newly Registered

Way May Have Caused Two Sections of Bonsai to Die?

I have a Tree of a Thousand Stars bonsai that I've been tending to for almost two years. I trimmed her roots back in July, and she went through a stress, but after about two weeks she was vigorous and thriving again.

I've noticed in the past week to 10 days that two sections of the tree have completely died, and I don't know what it might be or what to do to save her, if it's even possible to??? Fungus, mold, disease?? Any ideas on what this might be?

I'm trying to post pics, but being my first attempt I may not be successful. Also, unfortunately the folks at the place where she came from are neither nice or helpful.

Thanks for any advice,
Scott
Attachments
004.JPG
005.JPG

tomc
Super Green Thumb

A guess only. (and maybe a bad guess) Is there a vent for heat & AC nearby ? Leaves look dried and localized.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Well, it looks like it is sitting outside, right? That is where it should be for the warm season.

But: " The best location for your Snow Rose [aka serissa aka thousand stars] is in full sun but be careful not to place it where it gets direct afternoon sun in the summer. " https://www.bonsaioutlet.com/serissa-bonsai-care/

What kind of sun exposure is it getting?

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”