ZachCooper94
Newly Registered

BONSAI HELP!!!

Hello, I bought a Juniper Rock Bonsai tree back in June, I Kept it indoors until November because I was unaware it needed to be outside. I put it outside insulated in a bigger pot, watered it every few days and fertilized it once a month as I was instructed to by the website I bought my tree from because it started to turn a little brown. I am waiting on a bigger pot and planning on re-potting with new soil but any sort of help would be wonderful. I did a scratch test, It's not vivid green but there is still some slight green in the trunk but mostly brownish. I hope it's not time to say goodbye so any help would be nice! Please help!!
Attachments
image3.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Nope, sorry. A juniper that is all brown like that is a DEAD juniper. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. :( Do a little bit more reading and learning (there is tons of good info here, in the Bonsai Learning Forum and in the non-forum part of helpfulgardener.com ) and then start fresh, knowing how to care for it.

Demosouthpaw
Cool Member

ZachCooper94 wrote:Hello, I bought a Juniper Rock Bonsai tree back in June, I Kept it indoors until November because I was unaware it needed to be outside. I put it outside insulated in a bigger pot, watered it every few days and fertilized it once a month as I was instructed to by the website I bought my tree from because it started to turn a little brown. I am waiting on a bigger pot and planning on re-potting with new soil but any sort of help would be wonderful. I did a scratch test, It's not vivid green but there is still some slight green in the trunk but mostly brownish. I hope it's not time to say goodbye so any help would be nice! Please help!!

Good evening OP,

You said the scratch test revealed slight green, if you still have the tree you might want to keep it out in a semi-shaded area and see if it back-buds, though junipers are not notorious back-budders I have had some come back to life on me. Good luck and I'd refrain from any re-potting or pruning for now.
IMG_20150716_103847.jpg

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”