zewald

I'm BACK!!! (and looking for suggestions)

For those of you who remember me, Hello again, for those who don't, HI.

After a few years of college and travel, I've decided to settle down a bit and get back to bonsai. while in college, I left my bonsai family with my grandfather, and well, let's put it down to the adage "[family] love is blind." nothing survived. apparently he's great with Jade money trees but that's about it. I've picked up a couple of trees from a local nursery, a Chinese Juniper (juniperus chinensis) and a dwarf alberta spruce (picea glauca) I've done a little pruning so I could see some of the branch structure of both, and I'm starting to like the juniper better. I think that will be it for at least a few weeks so that my little guys don't go into shock.

The plan is to prune the juniper into either a semi cascade or a windswept, and the spruce into a formal upright, but with some of the trunk bulges on the spruce, that might change. As always, I'm looking for some outside eyes and style suggestions.

Here are some pics:

Sorry that they're sideways, I can't figure out how to put them upright.

Zach
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (49.09 KiB) Viewed 980 times
photo 5.JPG
photo 5.JPG (39.97 KiB) Viewed 980 times
photo 4.JPG
photo 4.JPG (40.96 KiB) Viewed 980 times
photo 3.JPG
photo 3.JPG (47.24 KiB) Viewed 980 times
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG (52.5 KiB) Viewed 980 times
photo 1.JPG
Last edited by zewald on Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baileysup
Green Thumb

Hi zewald. I like your trees.

zewald

Hi Baileysup,

Thanks for taking the time to look, it's always nice to hear a veteran approves of my purchases.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”