Nazgul79
Newly Registered

I mention how cold it is because like I said when I'm out all day at work I put the tree on the window sill with the window open slightly for fresh air. I was asking if this is the right thing to do with it being frosty outside, this is why I mentioned the outside temperature. So I was asking the correct temperature range it should be kept in through the day.

Thank you

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Nazgul79,
So I was asking the correct temperature range it should be kept in through the day.
The temperatures that the tree will likely be subjected to in your apartment will not harm a Chinese Elm, they are hardy trees that are not injured by low, temperatures.

Presuming the tree was kept outside until recently it may have, as Tom mentioned, already been entering dormancy. Cool temps might even be to your advantage right now. What happens when you come home and turn up the heat?
Also what is meant by supplemental lighting. Is daylight not enough.?
The light a tree receives in your home is not nearly equivalent to being outside. Unless you have an unobstructed south facing window additional lighting is strongly recommended.

Norm

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”