sailfins

Cannot Identify but here goes....

Found this guy in the hedges.I can't identify it but It look like a good cadidate.So here goes
Before:

[img]https://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3659/img0248li0.jpg[/img]

After:
[img]https://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6011/img0249gt7.jpg[/img]

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Sailfins,

I cannot identify this either, post some pictures when it sprouts. Now you are getting the idea, even if this particular tree doesn't become a masterpiece you are learning the process and that is the important thing right now. A future chop will be necessary once you see where it sprouts. Probably on the thinner portion you retained or possible even lower. You may see this tree in a new light next spring after you have done some more research but you are on the right track for now.

Are you looking to heal the large cut or feature it? Either way I think I would try to get a callous to form around its perimeter. Go over your initial cut with a razor knife, a clean wound will begin to heal better than a ragged one. Consider sealing it with something. There are commercially prepared products but one of the best substitutes I have found is plasticine modeling clay, not Playdough, mixed with a little vegetable oil to soften it.

Norm

sailfins

Maybe it doesn't show
but I sealed it with some brown latex silicone caulking.

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Sailfins,

Yes, I can make it out now that you mention it.

Norm

ynot
Greener Thumb

:D

Much better positioning on this chop.

You are really lucky to have so much to practice on as this experience will come in handy later when your working on important material.

Nice job on this one.

It will be cool to see how it goes.

Hmm, I need to find some people with annoying fence lines...;) :lol:

ynot

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”