KasWear
Cool Member

Ficus

How warm does it have to be before you can put fucus out inthe garden in british weather, mines been out for weeks, but weve be having a few cold spells, a lot of the leave are half brown, and it's generally not doing that well .. :cry:

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

KasWear,

A lot of times you will see temperatures in the fifties listed as the low safe number for ficus. I can tell you from experience though that they can survive temperatures much lower than that. I've left mine out when temperatures dipped into the upper thirties over night. This usually happens in the fall when the weather is expected to warm up again. Once temps get consistently into the low fifties I bring them in since, although it won't kill them, such temperatures are not conducive to good growth.

We're experiencing an unusually variable spring with temperatures forecast to get into the mid-thirties tonight. Mine are inside now although they have been outside on and off.

Norm

KasWear
Cool Member

Thanks,

Well they have been in 3c - 17 c variable for the past two months .. ??

They are in big pots though ... :) :arrow:

wlnorm
Newly Registered

there is a website that has a lot of tips about Bonsai, particularly for those who <b>aren't</b> experts!

You may wanna check out their [url=https://www.bonsai-made-easy.com/bonsaitrees.html]bonsai tree species[/url] section. It has lots of info on specific trees - Ficus included!

Enjoy

:roll:

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”