mjbonsai
Newly Registered

I am a new Bonsai owner of a Surinam Cherry??? about moving

I live in Michigan and I read that Surinam Cherrys do not like to be moved??? Does that mean that I should not move it to the sink to water and mist then put it back??? or does that mean they like to grow in the same spot? Thanks

WatchMeShove

well if you mean moving it in it's pot then you can definitely take it to the sink and then back to it's spot. Also, I'm sot sure where you heard that is does not liked to be moved, because I've moved and transplanted cherry's before and haven't had any problems. This particular species may not like to be moved, however I haven't heard anything like that before and I also asked someone who said they haven't heard anything in particular about it being difficult to move. Also, when you say that cherry's don't liked to be moved, I think what you mean is dug up and moved to a new location, so before I can elaborate any further, I need to know if you mean pot to pot, ground to ground, or from pot to sink. I hope this helps. -Paul

mjbonsai
Newly Registered

:D I was looking to make sure it was ok to moving her around while caring for her. Thanks for the help!!!

Marsman
Green Thumb

When they say 'moved', they are talking about permanently moving it from one environment to another; example: a sunny to a shady place.

Bonsai Nutcase

My Surinam Cherry is in a pot and gets moved around my yard all the time without problems. Like MM said, you just don't want to move it into completly different conditions.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”