Kree

Indoor/Outdoor Juniper in Australian heat

Hi there, this is my first post on the forum, I received my tree approximately a week ago, valentines day infact. Since then I've kept it well watered, in sunlight morning & afternoon. At this current time I've kept it indoors. My main question is: Is it possible to keep my juniper indoors? It has sunlight morning/afternoon, and has a good circulation of air/wind. I've read this is not healthy, but I'm also concerned that if kept outdoors, it may overheat. It's summer here currently (Australia) and very hot during the day. I know that Juniper can be kept in extreme cold weather. But I've yet to read anything on heat conditions. Can Juniper handle extreme heat? The temperatures in my city reach around 38 degrees celsius some days.

Any suggestions on my tree's well being please :)!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Hi and welcome to the forum! Hope you find it friendly and helpful! ... I took the liberty of making your title a little more specific so that it would stand out from all the questions we are getting right now about junipers and COLD! :) (And maybe alert some of all the other Aussies around the forum)

Looking at all the icicles out my window, it's hard to imagine 100 degrees F (=38 degrees C).!

Here's a couple previous posts about junipers and heat:

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=59014&highlight=juniper+bonsai+heat#59014

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=38963&highlight=juniper+bonsai+heat#38963

Kree

Thanks I'll be sure to read through those :)!

A. Sears

A juniper will never do well indoors. Move tree to east side of house during periods of excessive heat.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”